Camping and subscribing

My daughter Bridget (she's my youngest, age 24) and I just returned from a mother-daughter road-and-camping trip to western Utah and back (to Central Massachusetts), which is why I've been quiet on my blogs and other social media. You can follow her on Instagram to see her posts about it (we couldn't post in real time, partly because we were trying not to be on our phones and partly because we couldn't be on our phones, as we had very little reception in the places we visited). I too will try to post some pictures there. It will be all "everything is more gigantic than it looks in photos" for a while!

In the meantime, Google has decided to shut down its feedburner service, which is so frustrating, since the whole point of me starting this blog was to be sure you and I, dear Reader, would be in touch via email. (Another reason, of course, was to allow me to post quick thoughts, without photos, unlike on my other blog, Like Mother, Like Daughter, that might otherwise go on Facebook or Twitter.) I was trying to do things the easy way but... no go.

But good news! I have moved the service over to one called follow.it, which seems like it will be much better, actually. If you have already subscribed, you should still receive emails from this new service, so be sure to have it approved (don't want it ending up in your spam folder).

Although I don't post a great deal here normally anyway, this new email service allows you, the reader, to manage things more specifically according to your own preferences, if you like. You can read about that here

If you haven't subscribed to Happy Despite Them, please consider doing so in the handy box at the top of the blog here. That way, we will be sure to stay in touch.

Thanks for reading! Stick with me for more! Share with your friends! 

Perhaps, while you wait breathlessly for me to write something new, you might find that you missed these posts:

Christianity makes a difference to health care and we are finding that out










No comments:

Post a Comment