Lame (yet effective) Paganism

I was remarking to my husband (who is Phil Lawler -- you should follow him) that what struck me about the undeniable paganism of the Pachamama cult is how very, very banal it is. 

"It's so lame. It's people in t-shirts bowing down, sort of, before a plywood 2ft. high goddess. It doesn't rise to the level of paganism. Give me some scary paganism so I can grapple with it. I can't even, with this Boomer polyester thing they have going here."

He just unleashed it -- the perfect description: 

"It's Novus Ordo paganism."

Yes. It's valid, no question about it -- we are suffering its effects even as we speak, two years to this day.

 It's just not very inspiring, as idols and idolatry go, and maybe that is our downfall, because we couldn't quite grapple with it -- we are too used to ambiguity and too used to glossing over unfitting things. But I have a feeling the reckoning will come upon us, regardless.






2 comments:

  1. The Evil One knows we would resist more strongly if this paganism looked fearsome. He deceived those who thought this event was innocuous or laughable. (It reminds me that many Satanists don't believe in Satan, not that he cares.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little blankies they have laid down on the grass are precious, too.

    ReplyDelete