Black history month is not for blacks like Clarence Thomas

 He's already not in the Museum of Black History, so I guess it's not that surprising that the documentary about Clarence Thomas, actual black from a region of the country so poor and slavery-haunted that most Americans can't even imagine it, has been removed from Amazon's streaming service. Way to celebrate Black History Month, am I right?

But this might be the perfect time for me to urge you to watch Created Equal. My husband and I enjoyed it thoroughly; it's an inspiring story of an admirable man. Buy a copy for your young people's group. Watch it with your high schoolers (older teens -- the Anita Hill accusations are definitely R-rated). It's worth it for the footage of the Senate confirmation hearings, during which the shockingly racist Joe Biden reveals both his malice and his stupidity. 


3 comments:

  1. I found Created Equal on Amazon - possibly because I had purchased it, which may require them to show it to me. Here's the link I used: https://www.amazon.com/Cerated-Equal-Clarence-Thomas-Words/dp/B08HGXGFZC/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would caution anyone that streaming services can simply not provide something, even if you "bought" it.
      I have heard of people saying that this happened with certain classic movies -- once the platform decides the movie isn't paying, they get rid of it, including your access to it.
      Same with Kindle purchases...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! It’s available on Hoopla digital at my mom’s library in my hometown, and she lets me use her card for digital items. The public library in my current city is quite liberal leaning, but I’ve always appreciated that they carry many Christian and conservative titles, often fulfilling my purchase requests for such titles. The Price of Panic is my most recent book request, so we’ll see if they fulfill that!

    ReplyDelete