On deleting comments

In my previous post, Is a vaccine passport a sure ticket to tyranny?, "anonymous" claims that I deleted a comment of his/hers and implies censorship on my part.

I want to be clear that I did not delete any comment from that account. My post specifically asks for responses, so it would be pointless for me to delete something just because I disagreed. 

Of course, someone posting as "anonymous" doesn't have the best position from which to demand fair treatment while coming out swinging and leaving an aggressive message. Nevertheless, I did no deleting.

This platform is somewhat annoying when it comes to comments, and I hope that people interacting will keep that in mind. I have no way of seeing any "trashed comment" or "spam" file (unlike on my Like Mother, Like Daughter" blog) -- there's no record of what has transpired that I can figure out. I welcome comments and specifically asked for them in that post!

So far I've only deleted a few duplicate comments. If someone is abusive or rude, I will feel free to delete. But mere disagreement? No. 

The comment that was left was unreasonable, however, as I pointed out. The commenter's mother, it's claimed, got Covid from "an unvaccinated health care worker." First, vaccine status is protected under the HIPPA laws -- if it was revealed to anyone that a certain worker was not vaccinated, the informer should lose his job.

Second, let's be clear: the vaccine manufacturers and the CDC DO NOT CLAIM that the vaccine will protect against contracting or transmitting Covid! Despite the optimistic rhetoric, the idea that the vaccine makes you immune and/or not able to transmit the disease is erroneous -- careful reading will reveal that fact.

It's a virus. Many experts agree that current approaches to Covid are irrational. All agree that viral activity is hard to predict and protect oneself from. The likelihood is that most people are fairly immune at this point -- and also that those who are not will get some form at some point. It's certainly not going away -- that's not how viruses work. 



1 comment:

  1. I don't understand the point of "vaccine passports" at all. The vaccine manufacturers never claimed that these new "vaccines" would keep anyone from getting infected or transmitting infection. The supposed point of the vaccine is to protect the individual getting it from getting really ill should they be infected. They can still infect other people, hence the instructions to continue masking and social distancing. So then, what point is there in a vaccine passport, if the vaccine doesn't make any difference at all in a person's ability to infect other people? Something doesn't add up.

    ReplyDelete